Nathan's Parent/Guardian Class
Parents are a very important part of Teen Driver Safety. The Georgia Department of Highway safety says
" Parents should:
• Provide their teen with at least 40 hours of supervised driving experience, 6 hours of which must be at night. • Ensure that 16-year-old drivers complete an approved driver education course prior to applying for a Class D license.
• Limit the teen’s driving privileges if he or she is not demonstrating responsible behavior.
• Continue to monitor their teen’s driving after receipt of their provisional license and reinforce safety belt use, passenger restrictions, and hands-free cell phone use.
• Serve as a positive role model by demonstrating safe driving behaviors."
We are now offering a course for parents and guardians of teenagers and new drivers. This comprehensive course will provide you with information on:
New laws and regulations
Navigating the learners permit and drivers license processes.
How to make appointments with us as well as the DMV.
What you can do as parents to help your children and family members become safer drivers and more!
Class is 1.5 hours and will be offered to groups of four or more. We are also willing to teach it on-site at your local schools as requested. Please call to inquire about setting up a class.
*Anyone who completes this course may take the Defensive Driving Course (DDC) for insurance reduction for free with any paid family member who also takes it.*
**We must have four people registered for the class to be held**
FACTS ABOUT TEEN DRIVERS FROM THE CDC
Georgia Department of Driver Services Click Here
Governor's Office of Highway Safety Click Here
Driving Log Download Click Here
Teen Driver Parent Contract Click Here
Our Terms and Conditions
(which are also on the contract page you signed)
TEENAGE DRIVERS ED
1. I understand that the minimum number of students for any session is 5. If the class in which I am enrolling has not reached the minimum number of students, I understand that I will be asked to enroll in a different class or have the enrollment payment returned.
2. I understand I have 7 days before the beginning of a scheduled class to reschedule. I understand I cannot transfer to another class without a minimum of 7 days of notice or In any case, I will receive no refund.
3. In order to preserve the integrity of our program and the safety of our students, any type of behavioral problem, with any other student or instructor, may result in the dismissal from the course. The full tuition and any remaining classroom or in-car lessons will be forfeited.
4. Attendance for all 30 hours of classroom activities is required. If a student misses 1 scheduled sessions, we will allow you to schedule a make-up session. If a student misses more than 3 days of scheduled sessions, the entire classroom portion must start over from the beginning, and you must pay $100 as the administration fee.
Students are not permitted to leave early or come late.
5. Any student not passing the final exam with at least a score of 70 will not be issued a certificate of Completion. The student will be required to repeat the entire 30 hours of classroom. An administration fee of $100 will be required.
6. I understand that the state of Georgia's required Alcohol and Drug Awareness Program (ADAP) is NOT part of this course.
7. I understand that the student has 6 months from the signing date of the contract to complete the entire program (30hrs classrooms and behind the wheel). If the student fails to do so, I understand that the remaining hours and the tuition paid will be forfeited. The student will not receive any credit for the course, and that no Certificate of Completion will be issued.
8. Textbooks remain property of Nathan's Driving School, Inc. Students who damage or lose textbooks will be charged $30 for replacement. The Certificate of Completion will not be issued until this fee has been paid.
9. Appointments for behind-the-wheel lessons may be canceled with at least 24 hours notice, or the student will be charged an additional $120 for the two-hour missed lesson. This fee must be paid PRIOR to any other scheduled lessons being taken or the "missed" lesson being rescheduled. Please remember, our Instructors work hard and if you miss or cancel a lesson, they lose their time and you take up time that could have gone to another student
10. We are a highly regulated industry and we operate with integrity. We value all of our clients and staff members and we will not bend the rules for anyone!
11. Our instructors are human and at times we may have to cancel lessons or rearrange if they have a need arise. We will attempt to do any changes with as little inconvenience as possible to you and work with you. If any lessons are canceled because of us, we will reschedule at no charge and/or refund you for the lesson.
12. We always want to make sure our vehicles are safe and maintain them. If an issue arises with a vehicle either right before or during a lesson, we may have to cancel but you will receive another full lesson at no charge. We always want our instructors and clients safe.
ROAD TEST with Nathan's.
1. Only students that have completed a thirty hour/six program at Nathan's class are eligible to be administered the State Road Test at a Nathan's facility. If the student's first attempt fails, we will allow a second try FREE of charge, with the purchase of a 2 hours refresher lesson at a discounted rate of $99.00.
2. If the student lost the Learner's Permit and got it reissued, you MUST obtain an MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) from the Georgia Department of Driver Services to verify the original issue date of the learner's permit. We MUST have the MVR before the student will be allowed to take the road test. You can print this report online on
3. In the event the student did not sign up for a prepaid Road Test at Nathan's, a Certificate of Completion will be emailed to the student approximately 2 weeks after the successful completion of both the 30 hours of classroom and at least 6 hours of behind-the wheel training. Since you will need the Certificate of Completion when the student goes to take the road test, please do not schedule the road test any earlier than two weeks after they have successfully completed ALL portions of the class and behind the wheel lessons so that you will have the Certificate in hand. *DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE DAY OF YOUR TEST TO ASK FOR THIS! IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED IT, YOU MUST ASK AT LEAST 72 HR. BEFORE YOUR TEST for us to get it to you and for it to appear in the state system.
The Department of Driver Services does not keep the original Certificate (although you should take it with you), so we encourage you to make copies for them as well as for your insurance company and to use when you file your Georgia income tax to qualify for the $150 credit. If you lose or misplace the original Certificate, we can produce a replacement one for you for a $10 fee.
4. Road Test must be scheduled AT LEAST 2 weeks in advance. Once a date is scheduled, it may be changed if there is seven days in advance. It cannot be changed within seven days and NO REFUND will be issued.
5. A parent or guardian must bring you for your road test if you are under the age of 18.
6. You must have a learners permit on you and your certificate for the 30/6 hours.
7. The DMV will also require you to have the adap certificate, a letter from your school and parent affidavits to get your license along with your certificate of passing the road test.
ROAD TEST AT THE DMV
1. You must make your own appointment and are responsible for all paperwork that is required by the Department of Driver Services. Click Here for their website.
2. You must ask us at last 72 hours in advance for any paperwork. Calling us from the DMV at the time of your test is not going to get you what you need. Your failure to prepare is NOT OUR EMERGENCY. We will do our best to get you what you need but you must be diligent.
3. All minors must have a parent or guardian go or fill out an affidavit for our instructors to take them to the DMV.
4. You can register to use our vehicles for the road test and an instructor will pick you up, let you drive there and you can sign up for a practice lesson right before the test. You are responsible for all paperwork and having your learners permit with you to do this. No refunds will be given if you are unable to take the test because you did not have the documents needed.
ARRIVE ALIVE @ 25 and Defensive Driving Course DDC
1. We must have at least two students register for and attend for a class to be held.
2. Students taking this class are allowed to reschedule if giving at least a 24 hour notice. Given sufficient notice, student are allowed to reschedule ONCE. By not attending to the rescheduled class, you forfeit the enrollment fee and have to re-register.
3. You must arrive on time! We cannot let you in if you are late, the state does not allow this!
4. Walk-ins are welcome and must pay at the door.
5. If you no show, there is no refund.
6. Our instructors our human and If we have to cancel, you will be offered a full refund and a full class at no charge. We will also provide any court documents for you but you should also plan on taking this at least weeks before your court date.