Ready to take your Road Test?
There are two different options.
One option is to take the Road Test directly onsite at Nathan's with our car and instructor. Please see the information below about Onsite Road Testing. We are able to test students both 16-17 years of age and those over 18 years of age (18 and older must take a lesson prior to scheduling an exam).
Another option is that you can make an appointment with the Department of Driver Services and use our vehicle with our instructor present for your test. We provide service to most DDS locations. Once you have your appointment with DDS you can schedule with us we will need at least 8 week notice. You will meet us at our facility prior to the exam. We also offer refresher lessons options with this service as well as with our on-site road testing.
Onsite Road Test at Nathans
1.- As of July 1st 2021, Any student over 18 with a valid GA learners permit may take the state road test with us. You must take at least one lesson with us prior to scheduling an exam as a Nathan's policy. This is not retroactive to lessons prior to July 1st 2021. The cost is $100. If added on to a classroom or behind the wheel package, it is $75.00
2.- Students under 18 that have successfully completed the six hours of in car lessons and thirty hours of classroom at Nathan’s, online or elsewhere, are eligible to be administered the State Road Test at a Nathan's facility. If the student's first attempt fails, you may schedule and pay for a second road test at the regular rate or go to DDS. We will allow a second try free of charge with the purchase of a one hour refresher lesson at a discounted rate of $100.00 or you.
3. If the student lost the Learner's Permit and got it reissued, you MUST obtain an MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) from the Georgia Department of Driver Services to verify the original issue date of the learner's permit. We MUST have the MVR before the student will be allowed to take the road test. You can print this report online on www.dds.ga.gov We cannot make exceptions for anyone.
4. Road Test must be scheduled AT LEAST 2 weeks in advance. Once a date is scheduled, it may not be changed. We have to turn in a report to the state on Fridays by noon for the following week. No changes or cancellations can be made after this and NO refunds will be given if you cannot test because you do not have your permit or if you no shows.
5. A parent or guardian must bring you for your road test if you are under the age of 18.
6. You must have a learners permit on you, your 30 hour and the six hour certificate if under 18
7. DDS will also require you to have the adap certificate, a letter from your school and parent affidavits to get your license along with your certificate of passing the road test if you are under 18.
If you have any questions or need to schedule please email Front.firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: Road Test
Road Test Off-Site With Nathan's at a DDS Facility
We serve a wide area of locations, classified by distance, as follow:
Alpharetta, Norcross, Decatur, North Cobb, Marietta,
Lawrenceville, Forest Park, Lithonia
Canton, Conyers, Covington, Fayetteville
Locust Grove, Newnan, Cumming
For DDS Requirements and Documentation Needed for a Road Test (with them or with us) are listed on the link below.
To register for your road test in these areas click the button below
Road Test with Refresher $300.00 Priced based on 4 hours allotted appointment
To register for your road test in these areas click the button below. Price are:
Road Test with Refresher $325.00 Priced based on 4 hour allotted appointment