Ready to take your road test? Are you scheduling a road test with the Department of Driver Services or would you like to take your test directly with Nathan's? Nathan's Driving School would be happy to offer you our road test services!
Taking your road test can sometimes be a stressful situation. Not only do you have to prepare for your test, but you also have to gather all of the appropriate documentation necessary to receive your license. We can assist you with all of this.
Once you are ready for your test, you have a two different options.
One is that you can make an appointment with the Department of Driver Services and use our vehicle with our instructor present for your test. The DDS has many testing centers throughout the State of Georgia, and we provide service to several of them. Once you have your appointment, you can call us to schedule and we can pick you up, let you practice driving to the center, provide the use of our car for the test and take you back home when finished. You also have the option of taking a refresher lesson as well.
The other option is to take the Road Test option directly onsite at Nathan's with Nathan's in our cars, with our instructors and on site with us. Please see the information below about Onsite Road Testing below the Off-site testing.
Road Test Off-Site With Nathan's at a DDS Facility
We serve a wide area of locations, classified by distance, as follow:
Alpharetta, Norcross, Decatur, North Cobb, Marietta,
Lawrenceville, Forest Park, Cumming, Lithonia
Canton, Conyers, Covington, Fayetteville
Locust Grove, Newnan
The latter ones are the farthest away from out Main Office and typically outside our served area, however we made our road test service available with a little surcharge for the necessary travel expenses. If the DDS location of your interest is not listed above, it means it is too far for us to conveniently serve it. We apologize for that.
For DDS Requirements and Documentation Needed for a Road Test (with them or with us) Please review the document below.
Please also see the DDS website for what you need to bring to pick up your license after you pass the exam with us.
For Drivers Age 16-18 https://dds.georgia.gov/class-c-drivers-license
For Drivers Over Age 18 https://dds.georgia.gov/class-c-drivers-license
Onsite Road Test at Nathans
Eligibility- 1.- AS OF JANUARY 1st 2020, Any student over 17 that takes six hours of in car lessons (three lessons) may take the state road test directly with us. This is NOT retroactive to lessons prior to Jan. 1st 2020.
2.- Students under 17 that have successfully completed the six hours of in car lessons at Nathan's class and thirty hours of classroom at Nathan’s, online or elsewhere, are eligible to be administered the State Road Test at a Nathan's facility. If the student's first attempt fails, we will allow a second try free of charge, with the purchase of a 2 hours refresher lesson at a discounted rate of $99.00 or you can pay for a second road test at the regular rate or go to DDS.
3. If the student lost the Learner's Permit and got it reissued, you MUST obtain an MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) from the Georgia Department of Driver Services to verify the original issue date of the learner's permit. We MUST have the MVR before the student will be allowed to take the road test. You can print this report online on
4. Road Test must be scheduled AT LEAST 2 weeks in advance. Once a date is scheduled, it may be changed if there is eight or more days notice in advance. We have to turn in a report to the state on Fridays by noon for the following week. No changes or cancellations can be made after this and NO refunds will be given (nor for no shows).
5. A parent or guardian must bring you for your road test if you are under the age of 18.
6. You must have a learners permit on you, the six hour certificate and if under 17 your certificate for the 30 hour course.
7. The DMV will also require you to have the adap certificate, a letter from your school and parent affidavits to get your license along with your certificate of passing the road test.
To register for your road test in these areas click the button below
Road Test with Refresher $244.00
Road Test without Refresher $169.00
To register for your road test in these areas click the button below. Price are:
Road Test with Refresher $277.00
Road Test without Refresher $193.00